A smart bathroom contains technology that delivers convenience, improves health, and reduces waste. Smart technology in your bathroom connects with your smart home devices (like phones and voice control devices) to deliver the perfect customized bathroom experience.
With over 52 million smart homes in the United States, smart bathroom technology is becoming quite popular. Smart technology adds luxury, energy savings, and value to your home—not to mention personal pampering!
Read on to discover some of the top smart accessories to add to your bathroom.
Smart Bathroom Must-Haves for Your Remodel
Customizable smart technology
- Smart toilet – These are the most popular smart device for bathrooms. Why? Because they deliver luxuries like seat warmers, touch-free automatic lids, night lights, and speakers (for your favorite music). They are more compact in their design, so they take up less space. They are more hygienic since they are touch-free and self-cleaning, and they only use the amount of water needed, saving you on utilities.
- Smart faucets – These beauties use temperature gauges and efficiency sensors that help you control water use in your bathroom. They preheat water based on your preferences (yes!), which helps reduce the amount of wasted water. And the hands-free feature will thrill you because germs won’t be passed from person to person in your home.
- Automatic soap dispensers – Battery-operated automatic soap dispensers are super popular, particularly in the guest bath that everyone uses. They’re more hygienic, so everyone can keep their germs to themselves. They are good for the environment too because you refill the dispenser when the soap runs low.
- Heated flooring – Radiant floor heating helps keep your feet warm at a controlled temperature. You can enjoy this luxury throughout your entire bathroom, making mornings cozy.
- Heated towel rack – To prevent bacterial build-up, towels need to dry thoroughly after every use. Heated towel racks kill bacteria and slow down their growth substantially between uses.
- Heated towel drawer – Place your robe, towel, and slippers into this drawer and enjoy the luxury of warmth each time you shower.
- Smart water assistant – This water monitor for your bathroom integrates with voice assistants and saves you water and cash. You’ll avoid leaks in your home when you include this in your bathroom upgrade. If a leak is detected, you’ll get a push notification to address it promptly. It will detect flaws in your water system, and send you a warning ahead of time so you can avoid frozen pipes.
- Smart mirrors – Live at peak efficiency with an interactive LED mirror. Its built-in display will give you the time, a glimpse at the morning traffic flow, your weather forecast, the latest news, and reminders of your upcoming appointments.
- Adjustable privacy glass – Imagine the luxury of being able to change between transparency and opacity in your bathroom windows! This adjustable glass has an opaque look for privacy and can also let natural light through, boosting your energy efficiency. It’s more hygienic because it’s easier to keep clean than curtains.
- Smart shower – Enjoy setting the ideal water flow rate, temperature, and shower duration through your smart device. You’ll get water and energy savings as a result, and relish the lack of sudden changes in water temperature. Your kids won’t accidentally get burned by hot water with the limits you can set on it. Since smart showers don’t use a lot of water, you save on both water and heating costs.
- Water-saving shower heads – Water conservation is a benefit, and these smart shower heads break up the water into droplets that soak you with a mist instead of a downpour. They use up to 25% less water, yet they make you feel like you’re using plenty of water.
- Smart thermostat – You can remotely change the temperature in your bathroom manually to lower your energy bills. A smart thermostat adjusts heating and cooling after analyzing your temperature preferences over time, saving you on utilities. Wow! It can save you up to 12% on heating costs and up to 15% on cooling costs.
- Responsive lighting – Install lighting that turns on when you open the door or enter the room and goes off when you close the door or leave the bathroom. You’ll enjoy how responsive lighting delivers convenience and energy savings to your daily routine.
- Bathroom TV – These are installed on a wall at the foot of the bath, and can double as a way to listen to music in your bathroom. They are mirror finished, so they integrate into your bathroom’s design.
Improve your mental and physical health with smart bathroom devices
- Aromatherapy – Aromatherapy hand showers are uniquely designed to infuse essential oils directly into the water flow of your shower, creating a fantastic shower experience. And they won’t leave a scented or oily residue on your hair or skin.
- Chromatherapy – This use of colored light in your bath or shower helps contribute to a relaxing spa-like experience when you need to unwind after a long day. These LED lights can be controlled digitally for your convenience.
- Soaking tub – Improve blood circulation, decrease muscle pain, increase your mood, lower your anxiety level, and better your skin with a relaxing soaking tub.
- Flotation tub – This is a tank of salt water in which a person floats as a form of deep relaxation.
Get the Ultimate Smart Bathroom for Your Home
You deserve to enjoy a spa-like smart bathroom in your greater St. Louis area home every day, and at Lakeside Renovation and Design, we’re here to help create that. We’ll carefully listen to your dreams and take time to guide you through the remodeling selection process. Learn more about our bathroom remodeling services.