Despite new siding brands becoming available, there are very good reasons why James Hardie siding is still considered the best by most home exterior professionals. When an epic PR campaign is afoot to convince you to try another brand, here are 10 reasons to remain loyal to James Hardie, the most well-known name in the siding industry.
1. Power Of The Covenant: Many neighborhoods have covenants that stipulate use of James Hardie siding in new home construction or to replace existing siding. That is a powerful nationwide endorsement.
2. Safety: The ASTM rating for James Hardie siding classifies it as non-combustible. For homes that have a fireplace or live in areas vulnerable to wildfires, an investment of James Hardie siding could literally save lives. A fiber cement product simply does not burn. A homeowner cannot get any better fire safety quality than that.
3. Appearance: If you want siding that mimics the appearance of something other than a wood plank, James Hardie delivers with the shake siding option. Even if you don’t want the Cape Cod beach cottage look all around the house, it’s a great option to dress up gables. James Hardie makes it possible to add a bit more curb appeal that sets one home apart from its neighbor’s that is also clad in James Hardie siding.
3. Pre-finish Advantage: James Hardie is the only siding manufacturer that provides a pre-finished product direct from the factory. And it’s not a one-size-fits-all finish. You can pretty much choose any color under the sun that strikes your fancy.
4. Details: Buried in the fine print of product warranties is a singular detail that sets James Hardie siding apart from competitors. If you live in an area prone to hailstorms, your siding’s warranty covers hail damage. In fact, a James Hardie product pays such attention to detail, that homeowners can get a product designed specifically for the climate hazards they face, like hurricanes, hailstorms, snow and excessively high temperatures.
5. Brand Recognition: Investing in James Hardie siding is a proven strategy to improve the re-sale value of a home. Virtually every prospective homebuyer, even first-time buyers, will recognize the James Hardie name.
6. Durability: In addition to being non-combustible, James Hardie siding is termite resistant. Termite damage is one of the most common costly repairs required by homes with wood-based cladding products. Consumer experts report that, on average, about $30 billion is spent to repair termite damage across the US every year. The average cost to a homeowner is $3,000. Choose James Hardie siding and that doesn’t have to be you.
7. Warranty: James Hardie offers a 30-year limited warranty for their plank siding products. Matching trim and color finishes are covered with a 15-year limited warranty. Different warranties apply for specialty climate zone products. What these warranties say is that James Hardie has confidence in its product.
8. Contractor Bias: The professionals in the trenches, working daily with home exterior products and trained by brand manufacturers, seem to be biased toward James Hardie products. This professional bias is one more significant endorsement.
9. Proven History: Although a new product may become available, boasting new technology and a cheaper price, you have to ask yourself what, exactly, are you getting. Remember that old saying, “you get what you pay for”? Sometimes it just doesn’t pay to try to save a dime. James Hardie siding has been protecting the greatest investment of homeowners for more than 127 years. To stay at the top of the leader board in a single industry for that length of time should be proof enough that they are doing something right. Why risk getting an inferior product at a cheaper price? Buy James Hardie and you know what you are getting for your money… the best.
10. Availability: Because of this long-running history of success and widespread use, Jame Hardie siding is widely available. Not only in the US, but in many other countries as well. Homeowners don’t have to worry about investing in a brand that may not be here tomorrow when they need support or service.
Contact us and get a quote today on upgrading your home’s exterior with a James Hardie product. Engage with our qualified professionals and you will soon discover why thousands of St. Louis area homeowners trust their home exterior needs to Lakeside Renovation & Design.